Skip to main content
Dr. Huan Cui
Post-doctoral researcher at Univ. of Toronto; Post-doc 2018-2020,
- Postdoc NASA Astrobiology Institute at University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA, 2015-2018
- Ph.D. Geology, University of Maryland, College Park, USA, 2015
- M.S. Geology, Peking University, Beijing, China, 2011
- B.S. Geology, Southwest Petroleum University, Chengdu, China, 2008
- Cui+ 2019. Sedimentology and chemostratigraphy of the terminal Ediacaran Dengying Formation at the Gaojiashan section, South China. Geological Magazine, 156, 1924–1948.
- Cui+ 2018. Questioning the biogenicity of the Neoproterozoic superheavy pyrite by SIMS. American Mineralogist, 103, 1362–1400.
- Cui+ 2018. Searching for the Great Oxidation Event in North America: A reappraisal of the Huronian Supergroup by SIMS sulfur four-isotope analysis. Astrobiology, 18, 519–538.
- Cui+ 2018. The Neoproterozoic Hüttenberg δ13C anomaly: Genesis and global implications. Precambrian Research, 313, 242–262.
- Cui+ 2017. Was the Ediacaran Shuram Excursion a globally synchronized early diagenetic event? Insights from methane-derived authigenic carbonates in the uppermost Doushantuo Formation, South China. Chemical Geology, 450, 59–80.
- Cui+ 2016. Environmental context for the terminal Ediacaran biomineralization of animals. Geobiology, 14, 344–363.
- Cui+ 2016. Redox-dependent distribution of early macro-organisms: Evidence from the terminal Ediacaran Khatyspyt Formation in Arctic Siberia. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 461, 122–139.
- Cui+ 2016. Phosphogenesis associated with the Shuram Excursion: Petrographic and geochemical observations from the Ediacaran Doushantuo Formation of South China. Sedimentary Geology, 341, 134–146.
- Cui+ 2015. Redox architecture of an Ediacaran ocean margin: Integrated chemostratigraphic (δ13C–δ34S–87Sr/86Sr–Ce/Ce*) correlation of the Doushantuo Formation, South China. Chemical Geology, 405, 48–62.
- Guest Editor, Precambrian Research (2019-2020)
- Editorial Board: Astrobiology (2020-), Plos One (2019-), Frontiers in Earth Science-Biogeoscience (2019-)
- Proposal Reviewer: NASA Postdoctoral Program, NASA Exobiology program, International Association of Sedimentologists post-doctoral research grants
- Journal Reviewer: Reviewed 70+ manuscripts for ~20 journals: see details on Publons.